Tuesday 18 September 2012

Move Complete...

Well after all the excitement of last nights arrival I was a bit tired this morning, but that didn't mean I was going to spend my day off relaxing and catching up on sleep/films - oh no, no, no...

Today it was time for my babies to be freed from the IKEA moving box and re-homed in their fabulous new surroundings :o)

I realised two things after taking about five of my filos out of their boxes and excitedly putting them in the display case:

i)     I really was going to have to get them out one at a time and put the lids back on or it was going to get very messy and very confusing. It's not until you try to put the lid from one A5 onto the box from another A5, that you realise that the boxes aren't actually a standard size... To be fair, I had noticed before when stacking them in a different cupboard, but I guess it didn't really register...

ii)    Although I now have somewhere decent to store my binders, I still have to store all the boxes - oops!!!
Planning fail...
On an epic scale...
Thankfully the IKEA box was still on hand :o)
 A bit further through the process I realised that I needed to change some of the shelf heights to fit my collection in so they all had to come out again, but here they all are (apart from the A4 that the DF has commandeered for his P90X and P90X2 fitness tracking).

Looking quite cosy in here  :o)
I hadn't realised until I put them all together that most of my personal leather filos are red, purple or pink - I really think I need to do something about that - hmmm...

Here is the display stand containing most of my Filofax inserts that still have their cellophane wrappers (anything else is stored in boxes or binders so it doesn't get dusty). I have also put in my cute notepads, bookmarks, stickers, post-it tab type things, Christmas cards and some of my writing paper. Unfortunately there isn't much A5 space, but that's OK - this way I will be encouraged to use the ones that are in the stand and then I can move some of the others in.


And a couple of close ups:




Filos and inserts/fun stuff (somehow I managed to forget to take a photo of the whole lot together, this is the closest I have...


And the drawers?

Scrapbooking supplies in one for now...


And boxes with quilling supplies, and personal inserts, and a cloth personal filofax cover that was also in the drawer when the display case arrived, but got missed in the pics :o)


And there we have it, my babies in their new home.

Once I have set up the rest of the room I will write a post about the whole room and what's in it :o)

Bye for now,

LJx





25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That´s how I felt last night - I think the only reason I managed to do my post of the arrival was because I was so tired I was in ramble mode :o)

      Delete
  2. I am seriously so jealous of the insert one right now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome - all I need to do now is order a few more of the fun stuff in the smaller sizes and I think it´ll be full :o)

      Delete
  3. I am truly impressed with your collection and your display case nice piece of furniture. how did you manage to buy it? I'd love to have one although my collection is much, much smaller than yours. I notice there was one for sale on eBay just recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :o) This is the one that was on eBay :o) I have never seen them anywhere else (apart from in shops stocking Filofax products). Wouldn't it be great if you could oredr these from Filofax? :o)

      Delete
  4. I am really impressed with your collection, I love your display stand where did you manage buy it, nice piece of furniture. I'd like one myself although my collection is many, many times smaller than yours. I notice that there was on for sale on eBay just the other day.Many thanks for your post

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS!!! OH MY GOODNES!!!! You won that Ebay listing!!!
    I got so excited with this post that I could barely READ it all! I just kept scrolling up and down, not believing on my eyes! Amazing! This is heaven!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS! I am totally amazed!
    I am stopping by your house this weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment came in while I was at work this morning so I had to show it to my boss to prove that I´m not the only person out there that is this crazy!!! Ha ha ha!!! You can come on over to my house anytime :o)

      Delete
  6. OMG. This is just AH-MAY-ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks amazing, well done on the win :) That would be great, i'd love it although i'd never fill it as my collection is nowhere near as impressive as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. I am gutted that I have to go out to a parents evening this evening. I´d much rather play with, sorry, spend time setting up, my babies in my new room :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that is incredible!!!! I can't believe you bought a Filofax store display rack!!!

    Lxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee hee!!! See, Mr P was right, you have created a monster :o)

      Delete
  10. Wow! This is great! I wouldn't have room for the display case even if I wanted it. But you have an impressive collection, and one that impressive needs a lovely display feature. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I am so looking forward to getting the rest of the room ready and having the time to actually use it - it will be my own little bit of space from the big wide world :o)

      Delete
  11. WOW!!! You are my new Filofax hero!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would you consider selling any of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving my babies and continuing to expand my collection still, so am not looking to sell any. Occasionally I hear of one that someone is specifically looking for (either to buy or swap for a different model) through the Philofaxy blog, or the Swap Sell Source Stationery Facebook group and if I can bear to part with one of mine to help them out then I do, but there aren't many that I can part with. :-)

      Delete