Friday 14 September 2012

101 List Progress Check - September 14th 2012

Hi Guys,

Sorry I'm a bit behind - I've been a bit busy and don't have a huge amount to report on my 101 at the moment.

I am currently reading the sixth prizewinner book off my list "Schinder's Ark" (better known as Schindler's List) by Thomas Keneally. I remember watching the film years ago, and will definitely be needing to watch it again after I have finished reading it. It is so disturbing, and yet hopeful at the same time.

After stating in my last post that I had got all the paperwork from various cubby holes for filing, actioning etc (and feeling quite proud of myself), I discovered a whole stack of more paperwork on the top shelf in the computer cupboard this week - aargh!! However, being the dedicated thing that I am, I have been through it all, added a load to my shredding pile, stuck another load in the bin, and my pile for filing is now double what it was. But at least both filing piles have been put in order ready to be integrated and filed. I have even remembered to buy some new A4 lever arch files for the purpose. It is still a work in progress and I will have to go through my other paperwork which is already filed (in a totally random way in comparison to how I want it all to be), but I will get there!!!

Now that home is beginning to be a bit more organised (I have actually managed to clear the shelf above the coats - now that was a total mess), I am ready to start thinking about when to do which household chores, instead of trying to get it all done in one massive go each time - that's no fun, takes out a huge chunk of my weekends and leaves me drained from constantly being asked for things by my boys when I'm trying to get things done. I have discovered the perfect friend for helping me in my quest for a less stressful time - the iRobot Roomba - I love it!!! I used it for the first time on Wednesday, and it wasn't really a time-saving device on it's first use as I was just stood watching it. I even smiled at it very proudly - it was like being a proud new mum all over again... combined with the fear of the Dalek running round the house and trying to break down doors...

Have a great weekend :o)

LJx


No comments:

Post a Comment